Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Printout of Garmin Astro GPS Path


I was having trouble sleeping so I decided to get up and play on the computer. Sure is quiet here at 3:57 a.m. !

I received an email from ArtOC who just returned from a trip to Western Maryland. Art has a brand new Garmin Astro GPS he tried out for the first time. He was kind enough to send us the print out of his path. You guys may remember that I posted one from Tim Herring called, "Ever Seen the Path of a Gordon Setter on a GPS Unit?" (9/14/09).  These GPS Units are amazing little tools to have and apparently, a lot of fun too! Thanks for sharing Art! I think I'm going to have to put one on Dan's wish list!

E-Mail From ArtOC :









Karen, I attached a download from the Astro as a JPG so you can handle it as a picture.  I really love this device!  I saw the dog tracks on your Blog and I was impressed.  The more I use it the more I like it.  I have never been to this area and only had a rough idea of where I was going.  My goal was to find Turkey Ridge.  I marked my truck (camp) then headed off into the woods.  If I had checked this before I left home I would have been directed right to where I wanted to go.  Nevertheless, I think its a great asset and I highly recommend it.  I got a great price from Amazon on the unit and the topo map. I still haven't mastered all it can do but I'm getting better at it all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Great tracks Art. The Astro sure is handy. Glad I haven't needed it yet to track down my big running dog. It did a nice job showing me the pattern my close working Gordon, Cassi, worked. - Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly fun to play with. If it could only find where I left the car keys!

    ReplyDelete