Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Gordon Tried to Eat a Rock...huh??

I woke up yesterday to the most unpleasant sound I could possibly wake up to; my Gordon Setter heaving like a drunk with a hang over! I don't have a strong stomach for that in particular, and especially first thing in the morning. I jumped out of bed, hoping to get to him before he could explode on my fairly new living room carpet. I got downstairs and called him to go out. I came back to see if he had left something behind. A small spot, not even as big as a quarter. I grabbed the paper towels and the carpet cleaner. When I tried to wipe the spot up, it was something solid. I took a look and it was a flat piece of rock about 1 inch by a 1/2 inch. A ROCK?? How did he eat, or TRY to eat a ROCK?! I can't imagine he done it on purpose though. We've never seen him eat rocks. Whatever the reason, I am so glad he spit it out and didn't swallow it. Even the tiniest of rocks and pebbles can tear an intestine and cause great damage to your Gordon. Keep an eye on them, especially the puppies who tend to put things in their mouth and eat things they shouldn't.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Nothing got us moving faster than one of our Gordons yacking in the middle of the night. It was like a phaser on overload in Startreck as we jumped out of bed looking for the source and trying to get her off the rug! I've had them eat some strange and dangerous things: Sandspurs, acorns, dead fish.. but not a rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beginning to think our Gordons came out of the same gene pool! ha ha

    ReplyDelete