Friday, February 26, 2010

Racket Balls Great For Playing Fetch - In Winter Cold

Racket and Racket Balls

I play "Fetch" with my dogs to give them exercise during Montana's long cold winters. Problem is, tennis balls are as hard as a rock in below freezing temperatures. I have tried several types of rubber balls. Soft foam rubber that stays flexible in the cold is not durable. I stumbled upon a can of balls for Racquetball and they are the best thing I have found yet. Karen put one in the freezer for three hours and it was still flexible. I could throw it for the dogs with no fear of breaking teeth. I left one in Blackie's kennel overnight and it was in one piece the next day.
I have had surgery on one shoulder and injured the other. I cannot throw worth a darn and a racquetball racquet is just the ticket for launching a ball out through the woods. The balls come in orange and yellow, but our local Walmart only has blue. I'll have to get some brighter colored ones for next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment