Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Training Opportunities For Your Gordon Setter

Mickey - Training - Grouse ................. Photos By Karen Thomason



A few days ago, Karen spotted a pair of Grouse in the driveway. When they walked into the brush along the lane, I got Mickey out for a little work on wild Ruffed Grouse. I brought her down on a leash to maintain control of the situation. After she established a point, I worked with her on holding it, until I released her. After a few minutes on point, I released her and she re-pointed them 40 ft. into the woods. I use these driveway Grouse on a regular basis for a short training session. Take advantage of every training opportunity you can. Experience makes a bird dog and it takes lots of Grouse to make a good Grouse Dog. DWT

No comments:

Post a Comment