Monday, September 14, 2009

Ever Seen the PATH of a Gordon Setter with a GPS Unit?

Fatman Mt. with Cassie (top) McKay Creek with Cassie (bottom)




And you thought YOU get TIRED!












The grey lines are Tim's path. The RED line is the path of the Gordon Setter.





Our friend Tim is a computer guru and high tech guy. He brought up a GPS unit that goes on a dog collar. The unit gives a hunter a lot of information besides the location of the dog. It shows everywhere the dog has been and where it's going. One feature I really liked is that you can mark every grouse you flush with a GPS position and print it on a computer, superimposed on a map. You can store the info forever and use it to plan the next day's hunt. DWT

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered what the ratio was... How many miles the dog ran to how many miles we walked. I always figured somewhere between 5 to 1 and 10 to one..
    I'm sure my Astro could provide that info, if I was savvy enough to learn how to make it tell me!

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, no doubt. We tend to go along with 5 to 1 or better.

    ReplyDelete