Monday, August 17, 2009

"Rosie" ~ Jealous Little Gordon Setter

I was thinking of "Rosie" today. She was the female Gordon Setter my husband had when we met and got married. Until I came along, she was very content to have Dan all to herself. When we married, she was a little jealous. I had moved in on her territory. She was a real sweetheart, but apparently felt the need to express her unhappiness with sharing Dan with a new female. She would get one of my house shoes and take it to another room. She never once chewed it, although it was a little wetter than I would have preferred! It was the funniest thing. No matter where I would leave my shoes, she would move one of them to another spot in the house. I think maybe she was trying to say,"Look, it's my house, and I can chew your shoe up any time I like, but I won't. I'm just letting you know I CAN." Gordon Setters have a way of letting you know when their not happy, for sure!!

posted by Karen Thomason on Jul 21 12:29 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment