Friday, October 16, 2009

My Morning Abounds With Wildlife







I got up this morning about 8:45. It was 42 degrees and calm and still. I looked out the upstairs window and saw 2 grouse . Watched them eat and peck while I brushed my teeth. Came downstairs and looked out the front window, there were 2 more grouse along the side of the driveway. The Gordon's were going crazy, of course. I went to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. Just as I walked into the living room, "Spike", my 4X4 deer pal I feed, came walking into the yard with all his glory. Then came his pal, an even bigger 4X4 older buck. I filled the bird feeder with seed then took the deer some corn. The blue jays and mountain chickadees were flying in ready for breakfast. Before I could get back to the porch, a momma deer and fawn came into the back yard, and another popped over the hill. WOW! I think I live in one of the best places in the world! And what a great way to start my day. Hope you enjoy the pics!



All Photos By: Karen Thomason

2 comments: