If you're going to be bringing home a new puppy in the near future, you need to take a look at your home for potential hazards. Sort of like "baby proofing" the house. You can get down on all 4's and look at the house at the dogs level. You might be surprised at what you see. Here is a list of potential hazards to consider: Electrical cords, poisonous plants, cleaning products, lawn chemicals, sharp objects or small objects and little toys that could be swallowed, rat & mice poison, and HOT heat sources like stove tops, furnaces, and fire places and last, Antifreeze. Antifreeze has a sweet smell and taste, but it is deadly when consumed by animals or humans. Puppies have to learn, just like children about the hazards in their world. You can make it a safer place before they ever arrive. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Oh so true!