Monday, August 17, 2009

Grouse Hunting Nut's Daily Log

Male Ruffed Grouse Tail

My husband Dan, is a grouse hunting nut. One year, he decided he was going to hunt EVERY day, even if it was just a quick hunt, close by. He was well into the season, hunting every day, when I came down with pneumonia. The doctor said, "You'll have to stay with her for 48 hours solid, or I'll have to hospitalize her." My husband agreed. Thank goodness. He picked me, over hunting with the dog, and missed what would have been his 49TH day in a row, hunting. He's never let me forget it. It has become a good excuse for going hunting.........every day. He's always got a story to tell and it really blows people away, how many grouse he finds with our Gordons. So, I am going to blog his hunts each day. Long or short, there will always be a story to tell!

posted by Karen Thomason on Jul 10 6:12 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment